Monday, October 30, 2006

Jean Olsen: The Investiture

About a month or so ago, I started planning a visit to Washington DC to see a friend of mine, and he suggested that I come around the beginning of November, not just for All Saints/All Souls, but also for the investiture of our new PB at Washington National Cathedral. I arranged some time off from work and made my plane reservations. As luck would have it, I got a non-stop flight from Salt Lake City to Washington DC National for a round trip fare of less than $250. Neither my friend nor I received tickets, but my rector (Lee Shaw) did, and he passed them along to me, since his plans had changed and he couldn't go.

Almost from the moment of her election in June until now, I have been excited about how the "new PB' and her administration will work itself out in the next 9 years. She faces some sizable challenges, but I know that with the support and guidance of the Holy Spirit she will not only hold her own among the primates of the Anglican Communion, but will be a force for reconciliation and understanding. My prayers are with her now, and will continue for a long time.

Pax et bonum, Jean

Jean Olsen
Taylorsville UT
(St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, West Valley City UT)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home